Monday 10 October 2016

#12 - Elliot Erwitt


Elliot Erwitt is an American photographer who documents black &white shots in an sarcastic and witty manner in an everyday setting. His works aren't labeled as serious. It is labeled as creative with a certain tone of cheeky ironic humor along.

His main subject has been focusing on 'dogs' in which he describes on how dogs shares the same qualities as a human being. 
Even though his photographs are produced effortlessly, there is an attention towards on the techniques that he uses, his insights and his timing. 

I like how he uses humor in his photographs as humor can be quite subjective. While some of us may be able to take this humor, others might find it quite sensitive. Elliot has, not only, uses the tone of humor but he made it in a slight heart manner so it wouldn't be too upsetting towards the eye of the audience. This has inspired me to not take my subjects too seriously and add an element of fun in my work. This will makes the audience to be attracted to my photos even more deeply and think 'I do have some fun in my life' 









No comments:

Post a Comment